What is TPG Cultural Exchange?

TPG Cultural Exchange, LLC (TPG) is a U.S. Department of State-designated J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program sponsor. Our program helps prepare students for success in the 21st century through world-class instruction from highly qualified teachers while enhancing global awareness and cultural exposure.

Why should I choose TPG Cultural Exchange for visa sponsorship?

TPG Cultural Exchange provides:

  • Visa sponsorship for qualified individuals and their spouses and children under 21;
  • Required health and other insurance while in the U.S.;
  • Guidance and required documentation for the J-1 visa and for teacher certification once in the U.S.;
  • Interviews with accredited schools in the U.S. interested in collaborating with exchange teachers;
  • Preparation for the American classroom experience;
  • Virtual and in-person orientation;
  • Assistance upon arrival (housing location, bank account, SSN, and more);
  • Ongoing professional development;
  • 24/7 support line once in the U.S.;
  • A warm and caring environment with real people supporting you every step of the way;
  • The experience of over 1,000 teachers placed over 15 years by the TPG team;
  • A family and network in the U.S. and all over the world!
Do I have to pay a fee for visa sponsorship?

No, TPG does not charge any fees and does not work with recruiters who charge candidates fees. If anyone has charged you a fee, please contact admin@tpgculturalexchange.com to let us know. There are third-party fees that will be required, which are detailed on the “For teachers” page of the website.

What will my salary be in the United States?

Exchange visiting teachers are required to be paid the equivalent to a similarly-situated American educator with the same degree(s) and year(s) of experience. Your specific salary will depend on the school district in which you are placed, your own educational background, and experience.

How do I know if I meet the qualifications for the visa?

Teachers are required to have:

  • The equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, as verified by a NACES-approved credential evaluation agency;
  • A minimum of 2 years of teaching experienced at an accredited K-12 institution in their home country;
  • Must be currently working as a teacher or administrator;
  • Fluent in English;
  • Strong demonstrated interest in cultural exchange.
How long does the visa last?

The visa is issued for a 3-year period. School contracts are issued for one year, and can be extended up to the 3-year period of the visa if the school and teacher would both like to continue. In the third year, the host school and teacher can apply for a 2-year extension if they would like to do so. The 2-year extension is subject to approval by the Department of State. At the conclusion of the visa, teachers return to their home countries to share their newfound knowledge and cultural learnings.

How do I apply?

Click “for teachers” on the home page and then “apply online” to submit your online application. Please note that the application requires that you upload a number of documents, so we suggest reviewing it then collecting the documents, and applying once you have all of your documents ready.

When does the U.S. school year begin?

U.S. schools begin between August and September each year. Teachers typically arrive in the United States in July or August, depending on their school start date.

When should I apply?

We recommend you apply between September and January for the following school year, which begins in August or September.

I am having an issue with my online application, help!

Please contact us at admin@tpgculturalexchange.com with details about the issue you are facing and our team will reach out to provide support.